Highest ever attainment in GCSE results
Published on 22/08/19
It's been an emotional and record-breaking day, as students collect their GCSE results.
Head of School, Mrs Sarah Sims said:
"We are incredibly proud of our students, who have achieved the highest attainment results seen in in the school since Attainment 8 was introduced. This builds on the fantastic A-level results last week, which were the highest of all state schools in the city. It's been a great year for the school!
"Given that we go to great lengths to provide a broad and balanced - yet still academic - curriculum, this is particularly rewarding. The vast majority of our students follow the EBacc suite of qualifications, with over 80% of students studying a language. Our staff are incredible - working so hard to support students and deliver an outstanding education, despite the challenging financial times in education."
The headline figures are:
- 5 standard passes (grade 4 or above) including English and Maths - up to over 83%.
- Standard pass (grade 4 ) or above in English and Maths: 84%
- Strong pass (grade 5) or above in English and Maths: 64%
- Over 90% of students achieved a grade 9 to 4 in English.
- A 5% increase in grades 9 to 7 for English.
- 11% of our entries were awarded a grade 9, which is well above the national average.
Notable successes include (but are by no means limited to!):
- Harry Houlton, who achieved 7 x 9 grades, 1 x 8 grade and 1 x 7 grade.
- Matthew Baughen, who achieved 8 x 9 grades and 2 x 8 grades.
- Elizabeth Elliot, who achieved 6 x 9 grades, 3 x 8 grades, 1 x 7 grades
- Louie Pride, who achieved 9 x 9 grades and 1 x 8 grade.
Many students are now enrolling in Silverdale Sixth Form, where last week students achieved the highest A-level results in the city (amongst state schools).
For all the photos from today please view our gallery here.