Headteacher's update 11
Published on 28/06/20
Dear parents, carers and students,
Thank you for your patience over the past week while we have been setting up live sessions and ironing out some teething problems. As you know, the live sessions are one element within a range of strategies to support students’ learning.
It has been challenging to set up a system within such a short space of time but we have listened to feedback and have amended the system so that it will work as follows:
- Every Friday we will send out a weekly timetable with dates of the following week’s live sessions. This will be updated every Friday for the following week.
- On the timetable, we will make it clear whether it is a lesson or a drop-in.
Lessons: Teacher-led taught sessions. Attendance is recommended where possible – students should communicate with their teacher if they are not able to attend.
Drop-ins: A problem-solving surgery with questions provided by students. A student can choose to attend for additional support.
- We have confirmed with teachers that sessions will only be cancelled or moved in unavoidable circumstances. If this happens, the teacher will send a message to students on Google Classroom and a WEDUC message to parents and students informing them of the changes.
- To address the technical issues with logging on to Google Meet and finding the link or code to the lesson, the teacher will invite students to the session in one of these ways:
- Sending a meeting code which the student then types into Googlemeet before the session.
- Sending a link to the sessions which the student can click on through Google Classroom.
- Setting students an assignment in Google Classroom which will be at the time of the session. Students should click on the assignment.
- Teachers will also send the meeting codes/links to school reception, so that staff can support students if they ring school with a problem accessing the session.
The timetables for the live sessions for this coming week can be viewed at:
- Years 7, 8 and 9: https://www.silverdale-chorustrust.org/remotelearningks3
- Years 10 and 12: https://www.silverdale-chorustrust.org/remotelearningyears10and12
A summary of our approach to remote learning can be viewed at: https://www.silverdale-chorustrust.org/remotelearning
Many thanks or your patience and support.
Mrs Sarah Sims
Head of Silverdale School