Return to school
Y10 and Y12 partial return to school
From the week commencing 15th June 2020, we will be welcoming small groups of Year 10 and Year 12 students into school.
Please either watch the video below or read the information underneath:
Preventing the spread of Coronavirus
It is essential that everyone in school takes personal responsibility to reduce the spread of the virus. This is to protect ourselves, our families and also the wider community.
In addition, everyone has the right to feel safe in school and this will only be accomplished if everyone is trusted to follow all of the methods below:
- Minimise contact with anyone who is unwell
- Cleaning hands more often than usual
- Minimising contact with each other by social distancing
- Good respiratory hygiene: ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’
- Avoiding touching the same surfaces and frequently cleaning of touched surfaces.
What is happening?
Most students in Y10 and Y12 will be asked to attend one day per week from 15th June:
- Two lessons per day; each lesson 2 hour duration. Small classes
- No break; 30 minute lunchtime
- Lunchtime in teaching groups (Y12s stay in school) Late start, early finish
Look out for an email telling you which day you will be attending, along with the subject and rooming details.
Start and finish times
|Year 10||10.15||12.15 - 12.45||14.45|
|Year 12||09.30||11.30 - 12.00||14.00|
Please bring to school:
- All your equipment (including exercise books, pen, pencil, ruler calculator) in a bag.
- A packed lunch or order a grab bag on arrival (make sure you have money in your Parent Pay account as you won't be able to use the machines).
- Plenty of water (the water fountains will not be in use).
- Y10 - Your full school uniform
- Y12 – School dress code
Travel responsibly on the way to and from school. In order to help with social distancing, Bents Green shops will not be serving Silverdale students before or after school.
- Try and walk, cycle or scoot to school.
- If walking with friends stay2m apart at all times.
- If travelling by car, only travel with people from your own household. Do not park on Bents Drive (the road outside school).
- If travelling by public transport, follow the guidelines including wearing a face covering. Plan your journey and check timetables on the bus company website.
Arrival at school
- Arrive no more than 15 minutes before your start time.
- It is important you arrive on time.
- Members of staff will be there to guide and support you.
- Wait on the markings on the pavement to maintain social distancing.
- Teachers will greet you outside and:
- Ask your name for the register.
- Check whether you wish to order a grab bag.
- Make sure everyone sanitises their hands before entering the building.
- Sit in your designated space – don’t move any furniture around.
- Stay in that place for the whole session.
- Your teacher will: find out what you have learnt and clarify any issues, teach new content and prepare you for the next stage of home learning.
- Don’t share equipment.
- Practise good personal hygiene – use tissues and bin them, cover your mouth if coughing.
- No using mobile phones and headphones.
- Wash your hands when you leave your classroom.
- There will be no access to the dining area or common room.
- Stay in your designated outdoor area with your supervising teachers
- Stay 2 metres apart.
- If it is raining you will stay in your classroom.
- Wash your hands after lunch.
- Year 12 students will not be allowed off site.
- When you are dismissed from your lessons please go straight outside.
- Sanitise your hands as you leave the building.
- Go straight home – don’t hang around for friends.
- Travel home safely following all the social distancing rules.
- Arrive on time, fully equipped and ready to learn.
- Try your best at all times.
- Take pride in yourself and respect others.
- Complete classwork and homework to the highest standard possible for you.
- Listen to those who are meant to be talking – adults and students.
- Follow all instructions; first time, every time.
Students who choose to put others at risk will be asked to continue with remote learning at home.
Students must not behave in a manner that bring concern, anxiety and worry to others. This includes: imitating the symptoms of COVID-19, threatening others with not adhering to social distancing, threatening to cough, sneeze or spit on others and other actions that lead students and staff to worry for their safety.
- Do not come to school if you feel ill with any of the Coronavirus symptoms.
- If you feel ill you must inform your teacher and follow their instructions.
- Only one student in a toilet area at a time – queue using the markers outside.
- You will be allowed to the toilet during lesson times if necessary – only one student at a time.
- Don’t enter taped off areas or rooms that say ‘Do not enter’.
- If the fire alarm sounds, assemble in the usual place (Y10 tennis courts, Y12 field) and stay 2 metres apart from others.
- There will be no opportunity to use computers or printers at any time. (If you need any printing, please contact your pastoral manager).
- There will be no opportunity for communal prayer.
- There will be no opportunity to see other members of teaching or support staff during the day.
- Parents should not come to reception and should contact school by phone or email.
- Parents should not wait at the end of the drive at the end of the day; please agree a meeting place away from school.
- The majority of your learning will continue to be remote.
- We know that not all of you will be able to come into school for your lessons.
- If you feel that returning to school will have a negative impact on your wellbeing see the information on the website (wellbeing section of the virtual school).
- If you have any questions or need further support around your return to school, contact Key Stage by email in the first instance.