At Silverdale, we want rewards to:
- Promote of SMSC whole school
- Link to role of Tutor Time, Assemblies and PSHE.
- Focus what we want to see rather than what we don’t.
- Be a collective vision for shaping young people emotionally and socially not just academically.
- Be an opportunity to acknowledge those who don’t always get rewarded.
- Focus on skills and talents.
- Link to Key Stage 3 Graduation Success
- Link to ‘Golden Ticket’ for Prom, Trips, End of Term Activities.
- Works across all years groups (including 6th Form)
Silver Stars are rewarded in lessons for participation, engagement, meeting expectations and making a good effort. The number of stars collected by pupils will be rewarded with certificates and other rewards.
Pupils can achieve extra Silver Stars for receiving a certificate from a member of staff for showing that they have made a significant contribution towards one of the Silverdale values. There will be a focus on one of these values every half term. They are:
Extra Silver Stars will also be rewarded for good attendance, punctuality and behaviour.