Our Student Support team help students who may need emotional support, or help with mental health issues. Below are our team. We have also brought together a large number of resources in our Student Wellbeing section.
Our Student Support team consists of:
|Mrs K Anderson
Safeguarding and Inclusion Manager & Safeguarding Lead
|Mrs T Pawlak
Emotional Wellbeing Support Coordinator & Designated Safeguarding Deputy
Form Tutors and Key Stage teams are also well placed to discuss any issues. Many things can cause a change in mental health, including traumatic events (eg. loss or separation, life changes, abuse, domestic violence or bullying).
Maintaining every day, regular routines wherever possible, such as attending school and lessons whilst working towards managing mental health, is key. We offer a range of services to help students develop positive mental health and wellbeing and support those experiencing mental health issues.
You can find information here about how we are supporting students while we exist as a 'virtual school'.
How do I look after my wellbeing?
We have a whole page full of various organisations, apps and websites that provide support on a range of issues. This includes support for anxiety about Coronavirus. You can view our Wellbeing Resources page here.
Who do I contact if I have an issue?
Your first point of contact is your pastoral manager:
- Year 7: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Year 8 and Year 9: email@example.com
- Years 10 and Year 11: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Years 12 and Year 13: SixthForm@silverdale.chorustrust.org
If you need support at any point please contact your pastoral manager and they will talk to someone in school to support you. You don’t need to feel alone.
If you don’t understand a piece of work, email your teacher directly. Please be patient when waiting for a response.
What should I do if I am worried about my health?
- Look on the NHS direct website – there is lots of helpful advice about coronavirus as well as other medical conditions.
- Go online at www.111.nhs.uk and complete an online screening form.
- Call your GP – your normal family Doctor.
- Call 999 if it is an emergency.
What should I do if I am worried about my safety and it is not normal school hours?
- You can speak to Mrs Anderson and Mrs Pawlak. Their numbers are: 07375 388885 or 07375 388831. You can also email them if your worry is less urgent.
What should I do if am worried about someone else?
- Encourage them to ring Mrs Anderson or Mrs Pawlak if they attend Silverdale.
- Email Mrs Anderson or Mrs Pawlak about your concern.
- If you have worries about your or someone else's safety outside of normal school time or outside of normal school term, speak to a trusted adult. If this is not possible you can call Childline 0800 1111.
- If you or someone you are with is in immediate danger call 999.
What if my family is in financial difficulty?
Free School Meals
If you are eligible for free school meals, please see our free school meals page here.
Free sanitary products
We have lots of free tampons and pads in school. Please contact your Key Stage Pastoral Managers and we will get them to you.