Year 10 information
The timetable for mock exams can be viewed by clicking on the attachment at the bottom of this page.
Each year, at the end of the summer term all Year 10 students participate in a two week work experience programme. In order to acquaint you with the scheme we have set out below some of the main features of the programme.
The aims of work experience are:
- To develop an awareness of the world of work, to experience some of the pressures and to be able to manage transition more easily.
- To experience a variety of occupational skills and develop key skills and particularly those of 'communication' and 'working with others'.
- To make the curriculum more meaningful and to sample work areas that students may wish to consider for a future career.
- To develop personal and social skills.
As part of the work experience programme:
- Students will keep a diary which will become part of their Record of Achievement.
- School will contact students/employers by phone but cannot guarantee a visit to all students on placement during that two week period.
- Many students may attend a preliminary visit about a month before the placement begins.
- Employers provide a detailed report on the placement and student performance.
Pupils are responsible for:
- Students are representing themselves, parents and the school and need to dress, speak and behave in an appropriate manner.
- Students may have to sign a declaration of confidentiality and not pass on information about the business or personnel which they acquire during the placement.
- Observing Health and Safety codes.
The school does however reserve the right not to place a student on work experience whose behaviour, attitude or attendance has been considered unsatisfactory during the year. This decision is not taken lightly and parents will be notified before the work experience if this is the case.
All placements will be checked for suitability by Silverdale School. Students will be afforded protection and rights under all current employment legislation.
For further information please contact Mrs Helen Elmore, Careers and Employability Manager at email@example.com
For administration related issues, please contact Mrs Kirsty Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org