Alumni (former staff & students)
If you are a former student or staff member then please consider making contact with us.
To keep up to date with alumni news please follow our Facebook page www.facebook.com/SilverdaleAlumni
Or register for our alumni e-bulletin here.
News of our alumni
Will Morton - article in the Sheffield Star, 19 November 2019
Kat Eaton - article in the Sheffield Star, 18 November 2019
Michael Vaughan (England cricketer) and Chris Wilder (Sheffield United manager) - article in the Daily Mail, 17 August 2019
Chloe Birch - article in the Yorkshire Post, 6 March 2019
Colin Davies (Development Director at Hope City Church in Sheffield) - article in the Sheffield Telegraph, 15 November 2018
Jim Rose (born 1993 and at Silverdale 2004-2011) - article in the Sheffield Telegraph, 23 March 2017
Vikram Barn (born 1995) - article in the Sheffield Star, 5 September 2016
Who went to Silverdale?
If any former students and staff would like to share their news below please email the school: email@example.com
- Michael Vaughan (born 1974) is a cricket commentator and former England cricket captain.
- Robert Quinney (born 1976) is Director of the Choir of New College, Oxford and formerly Sub-Organist at Westminster Abbey and Director of Music at Peterborough Cathedral.
- William Snape (born 1985) is an actor and has appeared in The Full Monty, Coronation Street, Gentleman Jack, Doctors, Holby City and Emmerdale.
- William Peter Charles "Willie" Williams (born 1959) is a show director, stage, video and lighting designer for concerts, theatre, and ultimedia projects. He is best known for his groundbreaking work with the rock band U2, and is recognised as one of the leading artists in this field.
- Devon van Oostrum (born 1993) is a British-Dutch professional basketball player who has represented Great Britain's national basketball team.
- George Long (born 1993) plays for Hull City as goalkeeper and has represented England at Under 18 level.
- Oliver Coppard (born 1981 and at Silverdale 1992-1999) is Head of English Regions for Booktrust and Chair of the Sheffield Hallam Students' Union. In the 2015 General Election he stood against the then Deputy Prime Minister, Nick Clegg, for the seat of Sheffield Hallam (where Silverdale is located). He reduced Mr Clegg's majority from 15,284 down to 2,125 and paved the way for a Labour Party victory in the seat for the first time ever in the 2017 election.
- Daniel Smith (at Silverdale 2000-2007) is a Broadcast Producer at ITN Productions.
The opening of Silverdale School