Choosing Key Stage 4 options
How do Year 9 students choose their options?
Year 9 students should follow this process for choosing their options to study from September 2021:
- All Year 9 students have been sent an email to their school email account from Mrs Hussain, Deputy Headteacher, which outlines the process.
- Read the Options Booklet which has been emailed to you and is also available to view here.
- Look at the Options Overview document here to see which subjects are in which blocks.
- Watch the videos below about the options process and individual subjects.
- Discuss your options with your family.
- You will be sent details about when you will have an interview with a member of the Options Team. You can use this opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
- Once you have had your interview, you can fill in the Online Options Form - the link to this was in the email from Mrs Hussain.
- The Online Options Form goes live on Monday 25 January and must be submitted by Monday 22 February 2021. It can only be accessed during these times.
- Please note that you can only complete the form when you are logged in to your school email.
- If you have any problems with your form please contact Mrs Tate, the Key Stage 3 Pastoral Manager via email here.
video about choosing your options
A presentation from Mrs Hussain, Deputy Headteacher, for Year 9 students and their families about choosing your Key Stage 4 options.
videos about core subjects
videos about optional subjects
art and design (fine art)
art and design (photography)
food preparation and nutrition
health and social care
hospitality and catering
Content to follow.