A-level results amongst 'some of best ever'
Published on 15/08/19
The 2019 A-level results are definitely something to celebrate at Silverdale, with the headline results up on last year’s excellent figures.
The highlights are:
- 70% of all grades are A* to B – up from 67% last year and close to our best results ever.
- 90% of all grades were at A* to C.
- The overall pass rate at A* to E was 99.41%.
Notable achievements included:
- Six students achieving 3 x A* A-levels: Tomi Hafferty, Ruby Mullens, Elizabeth Orpwood, Rachel Saunders, Rebecca Walker and Jake Stewart.
- One student, Matt Strickland, achieving 2 A*s and 3 As.
- One student, Adnaan Walayat achieving 2 A*s and 2 As.
- Students, Rebecca Walker and Ruby Mullens going on to study at the University of Oxford.
- Student, Laura Simposon, going on to study at the University of Cambridge.
- Five students going on to study Medicine.
- Two students, Ayesha Zubair and Harry Warnock, achieving 2 A*s and 1 A grade.
Head of School, Sarah Sims, said:
“Silverdale students continue to achieve outstanding A-level results. These are even better than last year and just one percent short of our best ever results the year before, when we were top of the city.
“With 90% of all grades at A* to C, it shows that by studying at Silverdale Sixth Form with our fantastic teachers and facilities, and by working hard, our students can achieve exceptionally strong outcomes – to ensure they can follow their chosen pathway to a bright future.
"On behalf of the staff and governors at Silverdale, and the Trustees of Chorus Education Trust, we offer our congratulations to all our students, of whom we are extremely proud".
Anyone interested in joining Silverdale Sixth Form is welcome to attend our opening evening on Thursday 24th October.
Photo shows Silverdale Sixth Form students, Tomi Hafferty, Jake Stewart and Liz Orpwood - who all achieved three A* A-levels.