The 16 to 19 Bursary Fund is money the government has given to local authorities, schools, colleges and other education and training providers to give to students who need financial help to stay in education.
There are 2 types of 16 to 19 bursaries:
- a vulnerable bursary of up to £1,200 a year for young people in one of the following groups:
- in care
- care leaver
- on Income Support or Universal Credit
- Employment Support Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance
- discretionary bursaries that institutions award to meet individual needs. For example, transport, meals, books and equipment. If you don’t fall into one of the vulnerable groups, but you need financial help to stay in education because you have a low household income, are on benefits and/or receive free school meals, you can apply for a discretionary bursary.
Students are advised to apply for the bursary at the start of term in September but would be able to apply throughout the year providing there is still funding available.
Students should complete the application form below and return it to Mrs Mountain or Mrs Hague in the Sixth Form Office.
If you require any further information about the 16 - 19 Bursary please either contact the Sixth Form Office or check out Gov.UK
16 - 19 Bursary Renewal Form - for Y13 Students who were on the Bursary in Y12