This information applies to remote learning from Wednesday 6th January 2021:
We hope that you and your families are managing at this difficult time.
There is compulsory attendance to all remote lessons unless your child is ill. Lessons will be held on Google Meet and teachers will take a register at the start to confirm attendance. We will be making contact with families where a student has missed a lesson.
To ensure that lessons run smoothly, please remind your child that they should:
- Log on with their school email.
- Follow their normal timetable.
- Join the lesson promptly (see times of lessons below).
- Have a pen and paper with them.
If your child is not able to attend live lessons because of lack of technology please contact school urgently.
Live Lesson Timetable
Additional provision in school
Some students will come to school because they are vulnerable students or the children of critical workers who are not old enough to be at home on their own. Students in this group will be supervised in school by Cover Supervisors. They will learn remotely in the same way as students learning from home.
Please email email@example.com with the details. Please note that students in school will access the same on-line resources as students at home. There will be no additional face-to-face teaching.
What if students have BTEC or iMedia exams scheduled?
BTEC and iMedia exams will go ahead as planned. Students should continue to revise thoroughly for their exams. The exams team will be in touch to confirm further details.
What provision is available for SEND students?
- Additional support for SEN students will be available at Student Support Online (https://chat.google.com/room/AAAAt0I1aTA) .
- Students can use online messaging and video calling with teaching assistants in the morning and afternoon.
- If you have any questions about this or your child requires further support, please email the SENCO, David Dalrymple (firstname.lastname@example.org)
What should I do if I’m worried about the well-being or safety of a student?
If you have any safeguarding concerns about a student at Silverdale, please telephone the school number and ask for Safeguarding (0114 236 9991). Also look at the Student Support page here.
Can I get a log-on for Google Classroom so that I can support my child’s learning?
We recommend that you use your child’s log-in details.
My child doesn’t know how to use Google Classroom. What should I do?
Let Pastoral Managers know as soon as possible. We have a team of Student Support Officers who are working with students to help them become confident in using Google Classroom. There is also help for parents/carers on our dedicated webpage here.
We don’t have enough computers at home. What should we do?
Google Classroom and Meet can be used on tablets and phones. If you don’t have enough devices to enable your child to access work or live lessons, let Pastoral Managers know as soon as possible.
What happens if my child has completed all the work set?
There is a wealth of additional online resources that your child can access. Direct your child to BBC Bitesize or Oak National Academy:
- BBC Bitesize for years 7-11
- Oak National Academy (Key Stage 3/years 7-9)
- Oak National Academy (Key Stage 4/years 10-11)
How do you manage behaviour and attendance during remote learning?
Please see the document at the bottom of this page about behaviour and attendance.
Free School Meals
If your child is eligible for free school meals, we can provide food for you to collect. Please email email@example.com for further details.
- Y7 Pastoral Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- KS3 Pastoral Manager: email@example.com
- KS4 Pastoral Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- KS5 Pastoral Manager: email@example.com
- SENCO: DDalrymple@silverdale-chorustrust.org